Intern - Transportation Engineer
Patrick Engineering, a RINA company, is seeking a talented Intern - Transportation Engineer for Summer 2024 to assist with roadway design, field data collection, bridge inspection, load rating, report writing, and bridge design support services. This is a great opportunity to start or jump-start your career with a construction team as it grows nationally.
Through mentoring and coaching, the Intern will learn the professional aspects and business of Highway and Bridge design and the application of engineering fundamentals. The Intern will work with other engineers on design projects and gather information for design.
- Under the supervision of a licensed engineer, assist with the preparation of roadway/structural design calculations and drafting
- Assist in collecting and maintaining project documentation and preparing various components of plans
- Assist with field data collection
- Assist with structural bridge inspection and assessments
- Provide support in developing and evaluating structural alternatives and technical writing of reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuing an undergraduate engineering degree in Civil, Transportation, Structural, or related discipline
- 0-4 years of experience, previous intern experience a plus
- Familiarity with MicroStation or AutoCAD required (plus to have familiarity with both)
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Travel to client sites may be required based upon business need
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To continue the expansion Patrick has experienced over the past 40 years, and to capitalize on the recent acquisition made by global corporation RINA, Patrick is planning for significant growth in North and South America. RINA is a worldwide engineering consultancy firm that provides an expansive range of services across the energy and mobility, marine, infrastructure, real estate, and industrial sectors. Patrick focuses on working with clients in the infrastructure, transportation, technology and renewable energy sectors throughout the entire process of project delivery - from planning and controls, comprehensive management services and construction, through to operations and maintenance. Combining forces with RINA presents an exciting opportunity to attract talented and multicultural people and to expand both our worldwide footprint and service offerings in new markets and application sectors.
Join our team and work on rewarding projects in a dynamic, multicultural and energizing environment that reaches beyond geographical and cultural boundaries. Patrick’s new status as a part of RINA provides opportunities for partnering with global clients, training to further advance your competencies and support your personal career development. Join us to make Patrick and RINA more successful than ever before by bringing your contributions developing innovative solutions to complex problems, delivering our mission and achieving the challenging goals we have set for ourselves. If you share our values and our vision, please apply. Make it sure, make it simple.
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.