Intern - Construction Engineer
Patrick Engineering, a RINA company, is seeking a talented Intern - Construction Engineer for Summer 2024 to assist with the project execution, calculation, and documentation of on-site construction work. This is a great opportunity to start or jump-start your career with a construction team as it grows nationally.
This role will be involved in the daily activities of field inspection from overseeing contractor operations, daily documentation, interaction with contractors, QA and QC of inspection reports and project close-out documentation. This individual should be comfortable working cross-functionally with the ability to coordinate work disciplines. Oftentimes, the Construction Engineer Intern will assist the Project Manager or Resident Engineer with scheduling, monitoring schedules, and budget costs. This position will also be asked to provide recommendations and feedback to clients regularly.
- Provides inspection services for transportation construction projects (interpreting designs, construction specifications, verification of contractor performance, pay estimates, work with a team of inspectors)
- Reviews construction documents for constructability
- Completes inspector’s daily reports and measurement records
- Reviews project drawings
- Review project work for quality and safety requirements
- Is able to work in public and private sectors
- Demonstrates technical and professional engineering skills commensurate with years of experience
- Coordinates with other engineers and support staff; responsible for reviewing plans from multiple disciplines to verify that a cohesive set of contract documents exists for construction
- Ensures that the company technical, safety and quality policies and procedures are practiced during the execution of projects
- Demonstrates a proactive, collaborative approach with project team members, client representatives, contractors, review/permit agencies and others as appropriate
- Assists with other duties as assigned by managers within the group
- Study in AS in Construction Management or Engineering Technology or BS in Civil Engineering is required.
- 0-4 years of experience, previous intern experience a plus
- Strong computer skills, specifically in the area of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; and construction documentation.
- Strong technical written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas
- Self-starter who can work independently and part of a multi-discipline team
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To continue the expansion Patrick has experienced over the past 40 years, and to capitalize on the recent acquisition made by global corporation RINA, Patrick is planning for significant growth in North and South America. RINA is a worldwide engineering consultancy firm that provides an expansive range of services across the energy and mobility, marine, infrastructure, real estate, and industrial sectors. Patrick focuses on working with clients in the infrastructure, transportation, technology and renewable energy sectors throughout the entire process of project delivery - from planning and controls, comprehensive management services and construction, through to operations and maintenance. Combining forces with RINA presents an exciting opportunity to attract talented and multicultural people and to expand both our worldwide footprint and service offerings in new markets and application sectors.
Join our team and work on rewarding projects in a dynamic, multicultural and energizing environment that reaches beyond geographical and cultural boundaries. Patrick’s new status as a part of RINA provides opportunities for partnering with global clients, training to further advance your competencies and support your personal career development. Join us to make Patrick and RINA more successful than ever before by bringing your contributions developing innovative solutions to complex problems, delivering our mission and achieving the challenging goals we have set for ourselves. If you share our values and our vision, please apply. Make it sure, make it simple.
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.