Entry-Level Civil or Environmental Engineer
Opportunities in Indianapolis, Crown Point, Fort Wayne, Evansville, and South Bend, IN as well as Bowling Green, KY
Commonwealth Engineers is seeking multiple entry-level engineers for all offices. This is an excellent opportunity for a pending or recent graduate who is interested in pursuing a professional engineering career in the areas of potable water, wastewater, stormwater, dams, levees, site civil work, and sustainable infrastructure.
You will be assigned to a project team tasked with helping communities and industries solve their most challenging environmental infrastructure problems. Our team-based culture effectively fosters learning and growth, especially with entry-level engineers.
- Perform assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to carry out engineering tasks.
- Work under the supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member.
- Perform sub-professional engineering tasks such as field work, inspections, engineering reports, permits, construction engineering, and simple design calculations.
- Coordinate with contractors.
- Review construction drawings and specifications.
- Contact government officials for permits.
- B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering (a graduate degree is a plus)
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam certification is a plus
- Basic engineering principles & willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to apply technical skills to meet project demands and solve problems for our clients
- Positive attitude and an impressive work ethic
- A clear sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Passion and demonstrated drive to achieve goals