Staff Engineer - Bridge
We believe our people provide the strength behind the success of our company. Here you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity. We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an office, remote location, or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, and pioneering mindset are championed.
Patrick Engineering, a RINA company, is seeking a talented bridge engineer to fill the role of Bridge Staff Engineer. The Bridge Staff Engineer is responsible for assisting with the preparation of structural design calculations, drafting (primarily, but not exclusively, in MicroStation) and structural bridge inspection. The Bridge Staff Engineer provides support with inspections of existing structures, developing and evaluating structural alternatives, and technical writing of reports under the supervision of a licensed bridge engineer.
The Staff Engineer will work with other engineers on a project team, maintaining effective communication with project team members, other engineering disciplines, and clients. The Staff Engineer at this level is in a developmental mode and is expected to seek additional training to continue their professional development as a Bridge Engineer. The Engineer will be under close supervision of a Senior Structural Engineer and be trained in the utilization of engineering theories/practices and exposed to Patrick Company procedures.
- Assist in preparing structural engineering computations, surveys, and designs under the supervision of a licensed engineer
- Perform field inspections to document current structural conditions and/or determine potential repair alternatives
- Provide support in the preparation of material quantity takeoffs, cost estimates, and bidding documents
- Utilize MicroStation and AutoCAD to develop engineering drawings
- Assist in the compilation of project contract documents, including technical specifications, design calculation, material quantities, estimate of cost, and other construction documents
- Review of as-built drawings for existing structures to assist in understanding actual conditions prior to doing field inspections
- Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions and use equipment and materials properly
- Complete project responsibilities within scope, budget, and schedule
- Perform other duties associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited institution required (discipline in Civil, Structural, or equivalent fields of study)
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification preferred or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire date
- 0-4 years of entry-level design or bridge inspection experience
- Basic Familiarity with common bridge design practices
- Familiarity with MicroStation or AutoCAD required (Plus to have familiarity with both.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- 50% local or regional travel (i.e. job sites) anticipated based upon business need for the first year of employment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To continue the expansion Patrick has experienced over the past 40 years, and to capitalize on the recent acquisition made by global corporation RINA, Patrick is planning for significant growth in North and South America. RINA is a worldwide engineering consultancy firm that provides an expansive range of services across the energy and mobility, marine, infrastructure, real estate, and industrial sectors. Patrick focuses on working with clients in the infrastructure, transportation, technology and renewable energy sectors throughout the entire process of project delivery - from planning and controls, comprehensive management services and construction, through to operations and maintenance. Combining forces with RINA presents an exciting opportunity to attract talented and multicultural people and to expand both our worldwide footprint and service offerings in new markets and application sectors.
Join our team and work on rewarding projects in a dynamic, multicultural and energizing environment that reaches beyond geographical and cultural boundaries. Patrick’s new status as a part of RINA provides opportunities for partnering with global clients, training to further advance your competencies and support your personal career development. Join us to make Patrick and RINA more successful than ever before by bringing your contributions developing innovative solutions to complex problems, delivering our mission and achieving the challenging goals we have set for ourselves. If you share our values and our vision, please apply. Make it sure, make it simple.
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.