Design Release Engineer -Fuel Systems
Transforming the Future with Convergence of Simulation and Data
Design Release Engineer -Fuel Systems
Our client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for a Product Design Release Engineer. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
This position will be responsible for the design, development, timing and production release of a system/component within Fuels Systems: Filler pipes, Fuel lines, Tanks, Canisters.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: quality improvements, value optimization, weight reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
The Design Release Engineer will interact with suppliers and will work closely with internal and external groups such as testing and prototype labs, CAE engineers, vehicle program team, supplier operations and manufacturing plants.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Proficiency in English (write, listen and speak) is a requirement.
- Must be from an ABET accredited university/or equivalent.
- 1 -3 years of design/development automotive engineering experience in Fuel Systems and/or UREA. Will consider an internship with Fuel Systems (UREA also considered) as part of that experience.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication & organizational skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- 1-3 years in Fuel Systems is required.
- Products: Filler pipes, Fuel lines, Tanks, Canisters.
- UREA Tank experience and PHEV experience.
- Job Location: CTC – Hybrid Work (home and CTC with occasional trips to CPG and suppliers).
- Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
- Extensive automotive experience is preferred. Product engineering experience.
- Prototype experience.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred. Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) preferred Belt certification.
- Solid understanding of system/component design.
- General understanding of NX, TeamCenter and CoDeP.
- Experience in the following areas would be beneficial: Formula SAE, Baja, or similar experience in college.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.