We are seeking a Process Engineer for our Atlanta, GA location. This position will function as a hands-on engineer providing process and packaging engineering expertise for project design, commissioning, and start-up. This role requires approximately 10-20% travel to remote client sites and will report to various local client sites.
The Process Engineer will apply engineering principles to existing and proposed processes working with various clients, vendors, and other consultants. Types of projects will include process engineering, packaging engineering, and facility layout. Industries will likely include food & beverage, chemical & other industries.
The person in this role must be comfortable in leading and following cross-functional teams to develop and execute capital projects. They will be working on the plant floor with mechanics and operators as needed to gather information and become an operational resource for the facility.
Must have sound analytical thinking ability and be able to perform engineering calculations to support plant production and improvement projects. Can manage large, complex projects from concept to completion as well as multiple concurrent small projects. They will assist with developing & tracking project scope and schedule creation. Also generating proposals and budgets, working closely with the client and a TA client manager.
They must design, plan, and implement new cost-effective processes and equipment for new and existing products. Projects must be delivered at times on aggressive schedules with attention to accuracy and strict safety requirements.
- Generate process designs - calculate line flow rates, pipeline sizes, and pump sizes.
- Develop concept flow diagrams and detailed P&ID drawings of production processes using AutoCAD.
- Specify processing equipment, valves, pumps, instrumentation, tanks, agitators, pasteurizers, instrumentation, etc.
- Generate packaging line designs - equipment specifications & selection, new technology investigations & implementations.
- Line layout drawings using AutoCAD.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-10 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a consultant and hands-on project execution environment.
- Must possess eagerness to research new equipment, processes, and technologies.
- Needs to be energetic, positive, self-motivated, and capable of working with little supervision.
- Supervise fabrication & installation activities.
- Support production start-ups to ensure that they meet safe operational and functional requirements for the project.
- Food/Beverage/Chemical industry experience requested.
- Proficiency with 3D Modeling; SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Excel, Word, and MS Project software.
- Knowledge of PLC programming a plus.
- Superior communication and people skills and a strong sense of professional ethics.
- Field work is required.
- Must be able to climb ladders, walk over crossovers, and access equipment.
- Must be capable of walking the distance from parking lot to designated job area - in addition to walking throughout a large manufacturing plant.