Electrical Design Engineer
· Work within the Solar Group to provide electrical power and controls designs for solar, power distribution, and lighting projects.
· Assist in solar PV Systems sizing, equipment selection, and industry best practice recommendations for optimized design. Provide equipment layouts and conduit routing to integrate with existing building infrastructure.
· Prepare and develop detailed construction drawing sets in AutoCAD for Solar PV projects including solar array layouts, BESS, electrical one-line and three-line diagrams, and electrical details.
· Under the direction of a senior engineer perform design calculations, short circuit calculation, arc flash labeling, voltage drop, wire and overcurrent protection sizing, energy compliance, and code reviews.
· Assists in the preparation of CAD drawings / REVIT models and construction documents.
· Perform site inspections to gather as-built conditions of existing building infrastructure, as-built PV system punch list, and due-diligence for remediation of existing systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
· Coursework in PV design, renewable energy, power systems, lighting, or similar areas is preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and preferably working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
· Ability to work independently in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
· Lifelong learner with a desire to stay current with the latest industry technology and applications.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Valid driver’s license.
Area of Work:
· Educational / Institutional
· Hospitality / Restaurants
· Healthcare / Laboratory
· Renewable Energy / Photovoltaic
· LEED Design