Portland Structural Engineering Intern
KPFF offers an internship program designed to provide qualified candidates with an opportunity to learn the day-to-day knowledge and skills necessary to become a structural engineer. Internships also provide KPFF with the opportunity to get to know potential future KPFF employees. In the KPFF Portland office, many internships turn into full-time engineering positions.
Our interns gain valuable consulting experience ranging from structural engineering design tasks, drawing coordination tasks, construction site visits, and construction administration services. An intern's job duties will vary by team, but every intern will work alongside experienced structural engineers committed to developing future engineers.
- Strong desire to be a structural engineer upon completion of their education.
- Completed a Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering with emphasis in structural engineering and continuing on for a Master of Science degree in structural engineering (or similar).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong grasp of basic engineering fundamentals.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong technical and organizational abilities.
- Strong research and information gathering skills.
To be considered for an internship position, please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume. Please note we offer competitive compensation, paid holiday, paid sick leave and other benefits; however, we do not provide accommodations.
This opportunity will require an in-office presence and will not be a remote internship.
KPFF is an equal opportunity employer.