Civil Engineer - Water Resources - Transportation
Korda/Nemeth Engineering, Inc. is seeking a motivated Civil Engineer for an immediate opening in our Public Works group with a focus on Transportation projects. If you are interested in joining a team that provides varied and complex engineering services resulting in value to our clients, this opportunity is for you. Our projects and work environment foster individual creativity, collaborative interaction, and teamwork. Our people make for a great place to work!
Our Public Works group provides design services to state, county, city, and other public agency clients as well as public and private institutions, campuses, private developers, and non-profit organizations. Transportation projects within the Public Works group include bridges (new alignment, replacement, rehabilitation), complex urban and rural roadways, streetscapes, intersection improvements and roundabouts, safety improvements, beautification projects, trails/shared use paths, and more. This position involves design, calculation, and plan preparation from concept design through bid drawings with opportunities for construction administration.
To be successful in this position, it is necessary to possess:
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a collaborative environment
- Good social skills, as you represent our company at client meetings
- Willingness to learn new skills and to work towards continuous improvement
- Previous experience with public infrastructure projects is preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience level: 0-5 years
- Knowledge of Microstation/Geopak/OpenRoads and/or AutoCAD/Civil3D is desirable
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States, no visa sponsorship available at this time. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Position includes the following benefits for Regular Full-Time Employees:
- Medical and Dental Insurance (employee, spouse, and family)
- Life Insurance and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and eight paid holidays
Salary is commensurate with experience and position. WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT KORDA? See what our employees and partners have to say: https://www.korda.com/careers/
IMPORTANT: Applicants accepted through January 31, 2023. Please provide resume and cover letter explaining how your experience and background is a match for our needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, lactation status, gender identity or sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, national origin or any other protected status as required by law.