Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer
Korda/Nemeth Engineering, Inc. is seeking an Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer for an immediate opening. If you are interested in joining a team that provides varied and complex engineering services for building construction resulting in value delivered to our clients, this opportunity is worth pursuing. Our projects and work environment foster individual creativity, collaborative interaction, and teamwork. This position will get you started on your career as a consulting engineer and to becoming a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.).
As a consulting engineer, your task is to design and analyze the following building systems and prepare the drawings and specifications for bidding and construction by contractors:
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning systems (HVAC)
- Pumping and piping systems
- Control systems
- Plumbing systems
- Fire Protection systems
This position involves interpreting and applying local and national code requirements as part of the design for the safety of the public.
To be successful in this position, it is necessary to possess:
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a collaborative environment
- Good social skills, as you represent our company at client meetings
- Willingness to learn new skills and to work towards continuous improvement
- Willingness to work additional time as required to meet project deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with course work in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with work experience related to HVAC and/or Plumbing Engineering
- New Graduate to 3 years’ experience
- Must be interested in pursuing professional registration
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States, no visa sponsorship available at this time. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Position includes the following benefits for Regular Full-Time Employees:
- Medical and Dental Insurance (employee, spouse, and family)
- Life Insurance and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and eight paid holidays
Salary is commensurate with experience and position. WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT KORDA? See what our employees and partners have to say: https://www.korda.com/careers/
IMPORTANT: Applicants accepted through February 28, 2023. Please provide resume and cover letter explaining how your experience and background is a match for our needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, lactation status, gender identity or sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, national origin or any other protected status as required by law.