Materials Technology- Project Engineer - Global Company (Entry level)
Job Title: Project Engineer- Materials Technology
Dept: Corporate Engineering - Materials Technology Dept.
Location: Victaulic -Global Headquarters - Easton, PA
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS OFFERED FOR THIS JOB**
**Please join us on TUES Jan 24 at the BIG 10 VIRTUAL Career Job Fair between 2-7PM EST. Our Info session is at 3PM EST. Sign up and meet our company Reps!
Victaulic is a global leader in mechanical pipe joining innovations and is the world's leading producer of mechanical pipe joining solutions. The company has 13 manufacturing facilities and 28 branches worldwide with 4,400 employees who speak 43 languages across the globe. With over 2000 global patents, Victaulic solutions are at work in more than 140 countries across diverse business lines including oil and gas, chemical, mining, power generation, water and wastewater treatment, military and marine, as well as commercial building and fire protection. Since the 1950’s Victaulic has been providing ground-breaking fire protection products and system solutions for challenges faced by engineers, contractors, property managers and fire marshals. Victaulic is a leading fire protection manufacturer of innovative fire products and fire fighting systems including fire sprinklers, fire extinguishing and fire suppression systems, pipe couplings and fittings, and flow control valves. These products are used in commercial, infrastructure and industrial applications to protect people and property.
About the Job:
Responsible for the development and commercialization of products that leverage advanced materials (thermoplastics, thermosets, composites, coatings, metallic alloys, etc.) by our product development teams. These products include: New and revised products, materials and components for Victaulic and its subsidiaries. The Materials Technology Product Development Engineer will gain experience in plastic part product design, technical knowledge in polymer processing, and instrumental analysis of chemicals and polymers (FTIR, DMA, DSC, TGA, Tensile etc).
Product development encompasses inception through steady state production (utilizing a Design Review or phased development process), which often includes:
- Concept generation
- Specific design ideas to satisfy concept(s)
- Presentation and communication of ideas
- Modeling of concept (via drawings and/or hardware)
- Interfacing with Marketing/Sales to refine concept to meet customer requirements
- Costing of initial design
- Project and/or procurement authorization preparation
Facilitating of a multi-departmental team (formal or informal) in the Test and Validation of non-metallic sub-assemblies and products from execution of detailed design all the way through commercialization including:
- Formulation of new polymers that meet customer's specifications
- Supplier selection participation (in-house or out)
- Testing against requirements (thermal analysis, mechanical analysis and chemical analysis)
- Solving design problems
- Scrutiny and review of detailed cost estimates
- Leading a design review to assure customer and performance requirements
- Resolving tolerance issues
- Participation in tooling selection and approval of tooling based on samples
- Participation in evaluation of pilot production runs and problem solving
- Technical literature preparation and approval
- Education/training about new product
- BS in Chemical, Materials or Polymer Engineering. MS in in one of these fields is a plus.
- BS, MS in Mechanical Engineering with experience in plastics/polymers will be considered.
- Knowledge of polymeric material testing and failure analysis.
- Thermoplastic and thermoset materials knowledge – from commodity grades to complex engineering grades.
- 0-5 yrs Experience in plastics product design, plastics processing, and program management of products made from thermoplastic or thermoset materials.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills to resolve technical issues.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills in standard MS Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for part optimization with polymer-based products and materials a plus. Abaqus or Ansys preferred.
- Experienced in running analysis with Mold Flow Insight a plus
Victaulic offers a full benefits package which includes: comprehensive healthcare coverage, paid time off plans, paid holidays, 401K with company match, company paid short-term disability, company paid life insurance, company paid EAP program, tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance.
EEO Statement: Victaulic is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic data, or other legally protected status.