Software Engineer – Applications
Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is seeking multiple software engineers to join our Business Applications team. You will work on internal tools, applications and APIs that empower the manufacturing, engineering and administrative capabilities of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with peers and stakeholders to gather requirements, define scope and apply your technical skillset to solve business problems.
- Become knowledgeable in the business domains relevant to the software you build and operate.
- Be a proactive member of your self-organizing software team by participating in planning sessions, facilitating code reviews and engaging with other teams with a high level of autonomy.
- Help your team to continuously improve by contributing to tooling, documentation, and development practices.
- Minimum of three (3+) years of experience writing production code in a professional setting
- Proficiency with PHP 7.4+ / 8.0+
- Experience with one or more modern PHP web frameworks (we use Symfony)
- Previous experience with Object–Relational Mapping (ORMs)
- Familiar with modern development tools such as Git and GitLab/GitHub
- A basic knowledge of automated testing tools and techniques (e.g., unit testing with PHPUnit)
- Ability to work onsite from our facility in Verona Wisconsin
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of multiple high level, interpreted programming languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, or other formal agile/project management methods
- Experience with Bash, Ansible, ZFS, MySQL administration, GitLab DevOps and/or Rundeck are beneficial but not required
- An ability (and interest) to understand, support and evolve legacy systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Compensation and Benefits
Extreme Engineering Solutions offers a competitive compensation package excellent benefits, including:
- No-deductible, low-copay group health and dental insurance (90% employer paid)
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- Paid time off, plus eight paid holidays a year
- Safe Harbor 401(k) contribution
- Participation in the employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
X-ES also takes a casual, small-business approach to company culture. At our state-of-the-art office and manufacturing facility located in Madison’s growing tech corridor, there’s no formal dress code, flexible scheduling, and dedicated personal workspaces. Our employees kick back at regular company events and enjoy lunches from local pizza places and food carts. At X-ES, we strive to offer a comfortable, relaxed environment for our employees to do their best work.
When “rugged enough” isn’t rugged enough for embedded computing systems, industry leaders in the military, aerospace, industrial, and commercial sectors turn to Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES). Because we strive to be the premier provider of mission-critical embedded products while delivering exceptional levels of customer and employee satisfaction, we hire strong contributors and give them space to thrive. As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees both drive and directly benefit from our success. Together, we meticulously design and build products that stand up to some of the most extreme conditions on the planet.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is located in Madison, WI area. The company designs and manufactures rugged embedded computing solutions for a variety of applications. For more information, visit www.xes-inc.com.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by law.
All X-ES job postings and application procedures are posted in compliance with Section 39.08 of the Madison General Ordinances.