Embedded Computer Test Engineer
Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is seeking an experienced and self-directed Hardware Test Engineer on the Manufacturing Test team. They will help ensure that X-ES products conform to required specifications through product testing, design verification, and manufacturing support. This engineer will develop test software and create test procedures to verify the capabilities of embedded products that will operate in rugged environments – including projects for industrial, commercial, military, and aerospace customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software and automation scripts to test embedded products to ensure a high-level of product quality and reduce defects.
- Document manufacturing test procedures. Troubleshoot and debug existing product test procedures.
- Define hardware test environment and fixtures.
- Participate in software development lifecycle from requirements definition through deployment into production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field. Or Associate’s degree with 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Ability to work onsite from our facility in Verona Wisconsin.
- Knowledge and experience with Python and object-oriented programming.
- Strong understanding of computer programming languages, data structures, and algorithms.
- Familiarity with Linux and bash shell scripting.
- Experience with git and/or other version control systems.
- Excellent cross-functional team communication.
- Knowledge of computer architecture and electronic assemblies.
- Prior experience with embedded systems.
Compensation and Benefits
Extreme Engineering Solutions offers a competitive compensation package excellent benefits, including:
- No-deductible, low-copay group health and dental insurance (90% employer paid)
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- Paid time off, plus eight paid holidays a year
- Safe Harbor 401(k) contribution
- Participation in the employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
X-ES also takes a casual, small-business approach to company culture. At our state-of-the-art office and manufacturing facility located in Madison’s growing tech corridor, there’s no formal dress code, flexible scheduling, and dedicated personal workspaces. Our employees kick back at regular company events and enjoy lunches from local pizza places and food carts. At X-ES, we strive to offer a comfortable, relaxed environment for our employees to do their best work.
When “rugged enough” isn’t rugged enough for embedded computing systems, industry leaders in the military, aerospace, industrial, and commercial sectors turn to Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES). Because we strive to be the premier provider of mission-critical embedded products while delivering exceptional levels of customer and employee satisfaction, we hire strong contributors and give them space to thrive. As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees both drive and directly benefit from our success. Together, we meticulously design and build products that stand up to some of the most extreme conditions on the planet.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is located in Madison, WI area. The company designs and manufactures rugged embedded computing solutions for a variety of applications. For more information, visit www.xes-inc.com.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by law.
All X-ES job postings and application procedures are posted in compliance with Section 39.08 of the Madison General Ordinances.