Hardware Debug Engineer
Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is looking for a hands-on debug engineer to assist with the testing and troubleshooting of rugged embedded hardware. This role will support Production debug efforts and will be responsible in performing set-up, testing and troubleshooting of system components and assemblies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure systems and components meet established specifications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot electronic assemblies and single board computers down to the component level.
- Perform standard testing processes such as checking board voltages, clock signals, and reset signals on a variety of equipment and record findings.
- Analyze data from testing and provide results and recommendations to manufacturing and engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar field. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of required degree.
- Ability to work onsite from our facility in Verona Wisconsin.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging hardware down to the component level.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electronic hardware with minimal documentation.
- Ability to learn how to perform surface-mount soldering to IPC standards.
- Knowledge of industry specific tests and testing equipment, such as multimeters and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and understand assembly documentation.
Compensation and Benefits
Extreme Engineering Solutions offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including:
- No-deductible, low-copay group health and dental insurance (90% employer paid)
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- Paid time off, plus eight paid holidays a year
- Safe Harbor 401(k) contribution
- Participation in the employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
X-ES also takes a casual, small-business approach to company culture. At our state-of-the-art office and manufacturing facility located in Madison’s growing tech corridor, there’s no formal dress code, flexible scheduling, and dedicated personal workspaces. Our employees kick back at regular company events and enjoy lunches from local pizza places and food carts. At X-ES, we strive to offer a comfortable, relaxed environment for our employees to do their best work.
When “rugged enough” isn’t rugged enough for embedded computing systems, industry leaders in the military, aerospace, industrial, and commercial sectors turn to Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES). Because we strive to be the premier provider of mission-critical embedded products while delivering exceptional levels of customer and employee satisfaction, we hire strong contributors and give them space to thrive. As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees both drive and directly benefit from our success. Together, we meticulously design and build products that stand up to some of the most extreme conditions on the planet.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is located in Madison, WI area. The company designs and manufactures rugged embedded computing solutions for a variety of applications. For more information, visit www.xes-inc.com.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by law.
All X-ES job postings and application procedures are posted in compliance with Section 39.08 of the Madison General Ordinances.