Technical Support Engineer
Help Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) maintain its tradition of providing industry-leading customer support for a wide range of embedded computing products. X-ES is looking to grow its support team by seeking a detail-orientated engineer with a high level of communication and organizational skills. Working within a small team of support engineers, this position is responsible for answering initial customer inquiries and coordinating efforts from other departments to resolve issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high-quality responses to customer questions and problems.
- Work closely with engineering and manufacturing to resolve customer issues.
- Identify trends in support inquiries, and generate corrective actions when necessary to reduce customer issues.
- Provide customers with status updates on product returns and repairs.
- Help maintain documentation of X-ES support interactions by including responses in the customer support tracking system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar field.
- Ability to work onsite from our facility in Verona Wisconsin.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with a high-level of attention to detail and consistency.
- Demonstrated experience and competence in fielding technical support questions is preferred.
- Familiarity with any of the following is preferred: embedded systems, root-cause analysis, design for simulation and test, technical writing, and knowledge of electronic assemblies.
Compensation and Benefits
Extreme Engineering Solutions offers a competitive compensation package excellent benefits, including:
- No-deductible, low-copay group health and dental insurance (90% employer paid)
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- Paid time off, plus eight paid holidays a year
- Safe Harbor 401(k) contribution
- Participation in the employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
X-ES also takes a casual, small-business approach to company culture. At our state-of-the-art office and manufacturing facility located in Madison’s growing tech corridor, there’s no formal dress code, flexible scheduling, and dedicated personal workspaces. Our employees kick back at regular company events and enjoy lunches from local pizza places and food carts. At X-ES, we strive to offer a comfortable, relaxed environment for our employees to do their best work.
When “rugged enough” isn’t rugged enough for embedded computing systems, industry leaders in the military, aerospace, industrial, and commercial sectors turn to Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES). Because we strive to be the premier provider of mission-critical embedded products while delivering exceptional levels of customer and employee satisfaction, we hire strong contributors and give them space to thrive. As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees both drive and directly benefit from our success. Together, we meticulously design and build products that stand up to some of the most extreme conditions on the planet.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is located in Madison, WI area. The company designs and manufactures rugged embedded computing solutions for a variety of applications. For more information, visit www.xes-inc.com.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by law.
All X-ES job postings and application procedures are posted in compliance with Section 39.08 of the Madison General Ordinances.