Design Engineer, Water Resources
Contech Engineered Soluions is seeking a Water Resources Design Engineer in multiple cities - Baltimore, MD; Cincinnati, OH; Portland, OR; Minneapolis, MN.
The Design Engineer acts in a consultative role to identify, design, and implement solutions for specifying civil engineers to meet storm water quality, quantity, and low-impact development/runoff reduction objectives as well as stormwater drainage and system layout requirements. The Stormwater Design Engineer proactively supports the field marketing team to establish and build civil engineering client relationships and meet the commercial objectives of the company.
- Present project specific solutions to civil engineering clients. Provide quality design calculations, basic illustrations, and advice to secure and integrate our products on site plans.
- Work effectively with field and internal team members to achieve team goals.
- Respond to civil engineer clients on project-specific inquiries and general industry questions.
- Provide feedback and design assistance to civil engineer clients through plan review and interpretation.
- Establish and maintain rapport with civil engineer clients.
- Manage and track projects in the design phase. Ensure all project data is current and communicated to all team members on a regular basis. Assist with all projects, at all stages, as necessary.
- Maintain engineering standards and procedures.
- Provide project and technical support for submittal drawings, production and product delivery.
- Negotiate directly with specifying civil engineer to develop and hold product specification.
- Ensure pertinent information collected from specifying civil engineers is accurately entered into the project database.
- Understand and provide advice to clients and field team on local stormwater regulations.
- Work with Regulatory Services to develop new markets, increase market presence in existing markets, and drive the highest specification for water quality that the region will support.
- Proactively promote Contech products to increase pipeline and sales.
- Support promotional and strategic efforts of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree; required Major/Focus: Engineering
- Experience in the area of civil site projects with emphasis stormwater or drainage design preferred.
- Commercial aptitude and good judgment.
- Ability to prepare and review standard engineering documentation and plans.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the business and achieving organizational goals.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player; able to share thoughts openly, accept new ideas and get the job done in a highly interactive process.