Chemical Process Engineer
At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Excited to grow your career?
Using established procedures, the Process Engineer will provide engineering support in the areas of product and process development, troubleshooting, cost (yield and labor efficiency) improvement, product quality improvement, and cycle time reduction. Investigation and proposal of new production equipment, procedures, and methods to automate, improve, and/or scale up existing processes. The Process Engineer reports to the Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Working with Product Development (R&D) follows the New Product Development process completing the manufacturing-related sections such as BOM, Travelers, Work Instructions, SPC, training, etc.
- Develops standard work and is involved in training operators.
- Assists in New Process Development Stage Gate reviews
- Supports maintenance in troubleshooting and equipment diagnostic activities.
- Working with other engineers, troubleshoots problems with existing equipment and processes. Recommends solutions to such problems and implements solutions after review.
- Working with other engineers, runs test programs to identify key variables for process optimization using sound Continuous Improvement techniques (such as ANOVA, DOE). Collects and analyzes data from tests. Develops conclusions and recommendations for process improvement(s).
- Working with other engineers, acts as the champion for complaint resolution including root cause analysis, corrective action, and preventative actions for any complaints for the assigned area.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering preferred)
- Will become a green belt within two years of starting the role.
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction. Please understand that any job offer that requires approval of an export license will be conditional on Materion’s determination that it will be able to obtain an export license in a time frame consistent with Materion’s business requirements.
Materion Corporation and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Please provide complete information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.