Graduate Fire Protection Engineer
Graduate Engineer - Fire Protection and Life Safety Group
Osborn Engineering is seeking a graduate engineer for a full-time position in the Fire Protection and Life Safety Group in our Cleveland, Ohio office. The ideal candidate is one who aspires to achieve technical excellence and expertise in the field of fire protection and life safety, working with a specialized group of fire protection professionals in a consulting engineering environment that includes working with larger diversified project teams of engineers, architects, owners, and associates on private and public sector projects that include commercial, healthcare, industrial, sports/entertainment, and focused fire protection and life safety projects.
Founded in 1892, Osborn is one of the oldest and most respected engineering firms in the country. We are client-inspired and engineering-driven, resulting in professionals inspired by the challenge of problem-solving in complex systems that require sophisticated, practical, and innovative engineering solutions. Osborn is a multi-discipline team of engineers and designers in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection/life safety, technology, structural, civil, transportation and commissioning. As an employee-owned firm, each Osborn employee is committed to ensuring that projects are completed with a sense of pride and clients’ expectations are exceeded.
- Assist engineers of record with the preparation of design drawings and specifications for fire protection and life safety systems, including fire suppression and fire alarm systems.
- Coordinate with engineers from other disciplines for all fire protection design elements.
- Perform hydraulic calculations for fire suppression systems under the supervision of a licensed fire protection engineer.
- Assist with the preparation of code studies, including building codes, fire codes, and referenced NFPA codes and standards.
- Conduct field inspections and punch lists for construction of fire protection and life safety systems as part of a field team to support the design and construction process.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology
- Familiarity with engineering design software such as Revit and AutoCAD
- Ability to perform hydraulic calculations under the supervision of a senior engineer
- Exposure to national codes and standards, including ICC family of codes and NFPA codes and standards
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work both independently and with large project teams
- EIT/FE preferred
We can offer you a challenging career with one of the nation’s most respected and diverse engineering firms. Attractive profit sharing and stock ownership programs supplement our competitive salary and benefits package.
All job offers will be contingent on passing a background check. Drug testing may be required for certain clients. Osborn/OSPORTS will only be contacting qualified applicants.