Targeted Nanomedicine Intern
We are seeking a student seeking a bachelor's degree (rising sophomore, junior, or senior), master's degree, or PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Biophysics, Materials Science & Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or other relevant field.
To provide industry experience in the field of nanoparticle delivery of nucleic acid-based therapeutics.
The successful candidate will carry out experiments testing and characterizing nanoparticle-based therapeutics in vitro, to support nanomedicine platform development.
- Strong background in biomaterial/nanomaterial fabrication and characterization (DLS, TEM)
- Experience working with mammalian cell culture in conjunction with nanoparticle delivery
- Candidates with experience with nucleic acid-based therapeutics will be preferred
- Strong problem-solving, documentation and organizational skills with a focus on details and results.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with functional group members and project teams.
- Comfortability working independently to follow SOPs, policies, and regulations and to perform routine lab equipment maintenance as required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.