The R&D Chemist is responsible as a member of the project team, for the preparation of catalytic materials to develop new or improved commercial catalyst products.
- Prepare materials in the laboratory to discover new catalysts and processes that deliver value to the Company’s businesses.
- Specifically, synthesize catalysts using conventional and high-throughput techniques and equipment and a variety of preparative methods. Develop new HT workflows for catalyst preparation.
- Plan experiments in collaboration with the technical project team.
- Conduct equipment operational programming.
- Maintain analytical equipment and assist in method development.
- Characterize catalysts using BET, XRD, LS, SEM, etc.
- Test or assist in testing catalytic materials in various reactors.
- Work-up, analyze, and present data using appropriate specialty software packages such as DOE, visualization, and statistical analysis programs.
- Communicate results internally via reports, presentations, and informally.
- Generate IP and assist with patent preparation.
- May assist in the evaluation and selection of projects in collaboration with technical colleagues.
- Operate a safe laboratory by working closely with the site safety committee and coworkers.
- May direct technical/research assistants when applicable.
- Skilled in the synthesis of solid catalysts using a variety of preparative methods.
- Knowledgeable in the use of automated laboratory hardware and software, and in data analysis and reduction software and techniques.
- Seeking experience with analytical methods such as XRD, SEM, TEM, XPS, BET, IR, TPD\TPR, HPLC, GC, MS, etc.
- Experienced in conducting team-oriented catalyst research.
- Should have excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work across teams comprised of various professionals within chemical production.