Capital Project Leader
At DuPont, we are working on things that matter; whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers in this global pandemic.
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US?
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!
Get to know our Purpose and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that improve the world, share a commitment to sustainability that makes our planet better and give back to communities in which we work and live.
Get to Experience a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Have the Opportunity to chart your own course, challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize skills, competencies, and contributions to business results.
The Newark Bellevue site is seeking candidates that have a passion for developing experience through enriching assignments while delivering tangible results. Project team leader is accountable to the site business unit for minor capital projects implementation and status reporting. As the interface between the design group and the business team, the PTL monitors the capital budget to help the business maintain focus on their needs. The PTL is accountable to the business, working with management, technology, maintenance, EHS, contractors, and operations to bring maximum value to the business through effective leadership of the work order planning and implementation process.
Job Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the minor capital projects planning process led by Area Leadership, to generate a clearly defined and prioritized list of jobs to be implemented.
- Ensure satisfactory basic data is provided in the Minor Project Request (MPR) form before releasing the job to the site design team for scheduling.
- Reconcile business priorities with design resource availability and budget expectations to meet the business needs.
- Provide feedback to engineering site management and site engineering leadership regarding effectiveness of site team personnel.
- Lead routine meetings to report on overall minor capital projects status to area leadership. Include a concise review of the current status of all minor projects and a summary of performance metrics (supplemental rate, cycle time, actual expenditures vs. budget, etc.) and lead follow-up efforts to address any system performance issues identified during the reviews.
- Participate in site-wide minor capital projects process improvement initiatives.
- Serve as the Sarbanes-Oxley Reviewer for Minor Capital Projects in areas of responsibility.
- Work with Construction Leaders, to facilitate the overall process and address design issues that impede success.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and priority to Designers for multiple businesses.
- Approve/Review and provide Receipt of Services validation for WIRs (Work Initiation Requests).
- Participate as a team member during Process Safety management (PSM) & Management of Change (MOC) audits in areas of responsibility.
DuPont is seeking top talent and to be considered for enrollment, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Pursuing or hold a Bachelor’s in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution or Master’s in Project Management
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.0 scale)
- Preferred minimum of 6 months of paid co-op or internship equivalent experience in your engineering discipline / major
- Maximum of 3 years of industry full-time work experience
- Legal right to work in the United States without restriction
- No visa sponsorships
- Basic computer skills including MS Office (particularly Excel and Project). Knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective oral presentations.
- Strong leadership skills
- General knowledge of manufacturing facilities and operations.
- 1-3 years of design experience with a detailed knowledge of design practices and procedures
- General knowledge of construction and contracting practices.
- General knowledge of estimating practices and the ability to review estimates in detail.
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Exposure to project processes and methodologies
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.