Chemical Engineer In Training - Evansville, PA
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As an Engineer in Training you will participate in a program that introduces you to not only the cement process but also Lehigh Cement Plants in the Northeast Region. Develop your field skills while exercising your ability to participate in a dynamic team setting.
- Participate in maintenance meetings
- Learn basic supervisory skills by working side-by-side with supervisors
- Complete assigned project work
- Conduct root cause analysis
- Participate in various training programs
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program by suggesting changes in routines, personnel, equipment improvement and process improvement
- Follow plant and MSHA Safety Policies, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor problems or reports compliance issues to appropriate department for resolution.
Who we are looking for:
- A college student studying Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering with a Bachelor’s or Associate's degree with a strong interest in process
- A highly organized, efficient, and process improvement mindset and skillset
- A person that shows commitment and engagement through a strong work ethic, initiative, and utilization of abilities.
- Someone able and willing to dive in and help solve problems in the field
- Someone with a strong desire to work in a heavy industrial environment
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- A multi-tasker who can tackle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment with 24-hour operations
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Lehigh Hanson, we care a great deal about your health which is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.