Project Management Intern (Year-Round)
Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
We are looking for an Entry Level Project Management intern for Applied Material’s Global Field Group (GFG) to execute on the some of our Software Subscription enterprise projects. Working collaboratively with the GFG team, this is an opportunity for an intern to expand their business knowledge and project management skills in a fast-paced, growing business for Applied.
The Entry Level Project Manager Intern works with the primary Program Manager to organize and oversee operations on GFG projects. Their duties include developing timelines, ensuring project is on schedule and within cost constraints, and coordinating with departments and stakeholders to develop project plans and requirements. They have a high level of professionalism and are adept at time management and multitasking.
- Helps to prepare project plan and coordinates project activities from planning to implementation.
- Coordinates project schedule and task details and helps to prepare reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling.
- Helps to align the progress of resources internal to the business unit to meet project on-time and budget performance objectives.
- Tracks projects cost schedule for internal customers.
- Interfaces with internal customers and reports on progress against project objectives.
- Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in STEM or Business
- Student must be in good academic standing at their university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Very good organizational skills
- MS Office, Smartsheets
- Problem solving skills
- Explain complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to actively listen and communicate in ways that foster trust, influence, and show flexibility
- Must be able to complete projects with limited supervision. Ability to take ownership and ask for help when needed
- Interested in technology and project management
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.