Lab Technician – Materials Development Lab
Eaton's Power Systems Division is seeking a Materials Development Lab Technician to be based at the Thomas A. Edison Technical Center site in Franksville, WI.
The Materials Development Lab Technician is responsible for routine and non-routine testing of materials and prototypes, contributing to produce test data and standardized reports for Power Systems Division (PSD) products that meet established quality standards. The Technician is responsible for preparing/modifying tests using standard and non-standard documentation with guided work protocols. The incumbent will utilize the knowledge of applicable procedures, terminology, and attention to detail to process test requests. The incumbent will compile and evaluate data to determine the level of quality and the maintenance of product reliability. Additionally, this position supports New Product Development and Engineering work associated with product re-design and enhancements.
- Performs standard and non-standard (using Non-Standard Work protocols) testing sequences from setup to completion with guidance.
- Generates, compiles, summarizes data, observations and conclusions for all evaluations and report out in standardized report format.
- Performs necessary evaluations to verify accuracy, repeatability and reproducibility of the data.
- Champions Eaton MESH Safety program for relevant disciplines. Assists in the development and enforcement of safety regulations.
- Performs routine maintenance and calibration on laboratory instrumentation and maintains all documentation.
- Demonstrates basic skills in a technical application or assignment. Follows direction of a Test Engineer, Lead Engineer, or Lead Technologist.
- Troubleshoots minor instrumentation problems
- Handles incoming materials and manages material inventory for the polymer lab
- Works with Lead Engineers on laboratory rubber mixing, epoxy, and testing methodologies.
- Perform polymer properties testing, such as tensile and elongation, compression set, dielectric breakdown, dielectric constant, power factor, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Qualifications - Internal
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of work in an engineering or lab environment
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Franksville will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associates or Technical Degree
- Basic knowledge about rubber, plastic, and epoxy processing
- Computer knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneNote) tools and utilize the computer to analyze and solve routine problems
- Excellent oral, interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate