Joining / Welding Engineer
Joining / Welding Engineer
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Job ID: PFO00035P
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is the world’s largest engineering services firm, providing a full range of consulting and engineering services to major commercial automotive industry customers..
Jacobs – Advanced Manufacturing Services (AMS) supplies services along the entire spectrum of the manufacturing value stream. From providing manufacturing expertise in the design of new EV manufacturing factory design, to simulation of manufacturing processes and launch and operations support, we provide the highest caliber of specialty manufacturing services to help our customers meet and exceed their goals.
Jacobs is currently seeking a Joining / Welding Engineer to supplement launch activities at a major EV OEM in the Midwest. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to help our cutomer create and develop launch processes and drive operational efficiency using data driven practices.
This position is full-time. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement
Typical Duties Include:
- Qualification of welded assemblies per buy-off and engineering specifications
- Development and setup of welding and joining schedules and equipment
- Documentation of joining schedules
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of joining issues, inclusive of weld schedule, robot path and points, and part clamping and fit-up
- Other engineering and troubleshooting activities in the tech center or plant as required
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- B.S. Welding Engineering or B.S Welding Technology
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Joining / Welding Engineer
- Junior, Mid, and Senior level roles availabe
- CWI (Certified Welding Inspector)
- Both office/ laboratory environment and in a manufacturing facility.
- Lifting: 10%
- Climbing: 10%
- Crawling: 10%
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- Work hours are normally 8 – 10 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary.
Other Essential Functions
- Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.