The Manufacturing Engineer at our Dodge Manufacturing facility in Greenville, SC will report directly to the Engineering Manager. This engineering position is directly responsible for maintaining high levels of manufacturing and product quality, designing new processes, as well as ensuring cost-efficiency and identifying areas for improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Able to analyze, measure, and evaluate processes, methods and material utilization.
- Design and recommend improvements to manufacturing processes, workflow, material handling, workplace design and safety.
- Design tooling and fixtures to support and improve current and new processes.
- Initiate engineering change to correct defects and improve quality.
- Lead activities to reduce set up and product cost reduction efforts.
- Provide engineering support to the manufacturing efforts.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or similar degree
- A minimum of two years related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD
- Lean Manufacturing and ergonomics are key knowledge areas
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the U.S.
SKILLS / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and problem identification /solving skills
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively
- Able to present ideas in an organized and persuasive form, both oral and written
- Must be a team player and work well with others, including external suppliers, etc.