Material & Process Engineering 3
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET-accredited Engineering program OR 3-6 years of related experience plus a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Strong technical knowledge of Materials and Process Engineering (M&PE) requirements in chemicals and finishes for aircraft structures
- Function as M&PE technical expert for various chemical processing including but not limited to anodizing (metal finishing), conversion coating, cleaning, chemical milling, plating, and sealing.
- Interface with OEM technical peers on specification, liaison, quality, and supply chain issues to resolve Spirit AeroSystems issues.
- Review customer specification and Spirit specification and develop gap analysis.
- Provide M&PE technical support for programs, operations, quality, liaison, and supply chain to resolve production issues and improve quality.
- Develop test plans, coordinate testing, test reports for qualification activities, and author material and process specifications for Spirit AeroSystems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- his position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.