Software Engineer, Innovation Team
Software Engineer, Smart Ag Innovation
Who We Are Looking For
AGCO is currently seeking engineers to join our new Smart Ag team in Jackson, MN. This team has a “Farmer First” focus with high emphasis on identifying farmer’s problems or needs. Team members will lead the way on the rapid innovation and development of products with a direct return on investment for end users, separate from AGCO’s traditional engineering projects and processes. A high degree of ownership, flexibility, and a quick pace for exploration and development will be the norm for this group. The position offers a fun and fast paced environment typical of that in a “skunkworks” engineering department.
What You Will Do
- Acquire in-depth understanding of agricultural systems and processes.
- Find, understand, and clearly communicate farmers/customer’s problems and the associated value in addressing those problems.
- Display curiosity in providing market-leading solutions to farmer’s/customer’s problems.
- Use mechanical, electrical, robotic and software technologies to create above mentioned solutions.
- Be hands on during design processes and willing to get your “boots dirty”.
- Accept failure as a part of innovation and rapidly transition to the next idea.
- Work effectively within a small, high-performing team.
- Provide good attitude, culture, and drive in order to create the best atmosphere for innovation.
- Travel can be up to 20%. Travel will be higher during testing/application seasons.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering degree, Robotics related degree, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or other relevant technical degree.
- Proven track record displaying extreme ownership in project success.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and openly.
- Solid decision making skills, and the ability to make decisions with limited direction.
- Experience with a computer aided drafting.
A Plus If You Have
- One or more years of experience with the development of solutions for agricultural systems.
- Experience with both mechanical and software technologies.
- Agronomic training or background.
- Experience with hands on work. In field, shop work, welding, assembling, etc.
What We Offer
GLOBAL DIVERSITY – Diversity means many things to us, different brands, cultures, nationalities, genders, generations – even variety in our roles. You make us unique!
ENTERPRISING SPIRIT- Every role adds value. We’re committed to helping you develop and grow to realize your potential.
POSITIVE IMPACT – Make it personal and help us feed the world.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES - You can combine your love for technology with manufacturing excellence – and work alongside teams of people around the world who share your enthusiasm.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOU – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.