Provide technical / engineering support for the Vacuum Induction Melting Furnace Operations and related support and product processing operations. You will interpret results of the analytical equipment in the laboratory. In addition, you will help to develop melting procedures and quality systems.
- Operate and interpret results of XRay Fluorescence, Carbon sulfur determinator, oxygen nitrogen determinator instruments to provide precise analysis of alloy test samples.
- Prepares samples for testing. Enters information into data systems.
- Provides statistical and trend analysis of data. (note: training and direction is provided for this and other key responsibilities)
- Develop melting procedures. Becomes familiar with alloy chemistries.
- Tracks chemistry and other process variables and conducts statistical analysis of data.
- Conduct computation of melting charge materials using specialized software.
- Interface casting engineers to relate alloy characteristics to casting specifications and standards.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in any of the following engineering disciplines: Metallurgy, Materials Science, Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical.
- Knowledge of engineering materials and their metallurgical and physical/chemical characteristics is preferred.
- Experience in metal working or melting operations is a plus.
- Work Authorization Sponsorship is not available for this position.