Market Research Intern
Market Research Intern
Are you a looking to join a high-tech 3D printing company that helps develop the next generation of spacecraft and electric vehicles? Fortius Metals is leading the effort to bring stronger metal alloys to large format robotic additive manufacturing (AM). We are a venture-funded, early stage, high growth company whose products have received multiple awards for high performance applications. We enable stronger, lighter fabrication for aerospace and defense customers with our patented 3D printing and welding alloys. Our long-term goal is to re-shore manufacturing in the USA.
We have an immediate opening for an outstanding Market Research Intern to join our growing team. This position will improve the capabilities of Fortius Metals by expanding our knowledge of the large format additive landscape. The Market Research Intern will be responsible for monitoring industry trends and highlighting key insights for our social media. This role will work cross-functionally with Engineering, Sales, and Marketing.
Located just outside of Boulder, CO, this position offers wide exposure within an emerging company. Fortius Metals offers competitive compensation, and a fun work environment.
All candidates must be United States citizens. Candidates may be required to perform a background check and reference verification. Candidates submitted by third-party agencies will not be considered.
What you’ll do:
· You will work to expand metal additive manufacturing capabilities by researching market trends and helping the company stay at the forefront of innovation.
· Use social media tools, Customer Relationship Management software, and website tools as needed
· Conduct market research into competition and new areas of additive manufacturing design and/or new welding processes.
· Works with limited supervision. Manages projects and develops methodologies for the role.
· Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
What you need to know:
To be successful in this role, you need to be a self-starter that is able to thrive in ambiguity, identify problems and quickly resolve them, and provide definition to the previously undefined. You should have a commitment to quality and the discipline required to achieve it. You will set the tone for how the company researches the market and monitors competition. You will be dependable and hard working with a confident and positive attitude. You will need to balance a scrappy, get-it-done attitude with a vision for the long-term processes required for scaling and efficiency.
· Must have 60 credits or be a junior in college
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in robotics, engineering, or related technical field with relevant education
· Computer proficiency including MS Office (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must
· Excellent technical writing proficiency and verbal communication skills
· Natural curiosity and willingness to learn
· Takes initiative and has a sense of urgency
· Great team worker
Nice to have but not required:
· Experience in 3D printing, metal additive manufacturing and/or robotic welding
· Experience or education in material science or metallurgy
· Experience working in Aerospace or Industrial sectors
If you meet these requirements and want to join a fast-growth company, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com Include Job Title “Market Research Intern” in the subject of your email.
Fortius Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, competence, performance and business need.