At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
This position is eligible for partial remote work at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Quality Engineer for John Deere Ottumwa Works, located in Ottumwa, Iowa, you will support the supplier quality. In addition, you will:
- Support the factory effort to reduce Field Problem Resolution (FPR) time to less than 20 days for interim solutions and less than 150 days for final corrective actions
- Support and complete warranty reduction projects as a member of assigned commodity teams
- Ensure proper quality planning is executed and provide consistent communication to the other functional groups
- Identify, communicate and facilitate root cause analysis and provide timely permanent corrective action for critical and major supplier issues
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Experience exhibiting technical aptitude in one of the following areas: metal fabrication, material analysis, hardware standards, and/or manufacturing processes.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with salaried and wage personnel in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
What Makes You Stand Out
- Work experience involving hands on use of quality tools such as FMEA, Control Plans, DPAR, PPAP, DMAIC, Six Sigma, and 8D Problem Solving
- Knowledge of basic data analysis techniques. (e.g. pareto charts, histograms, pie and bar charts and control plans)
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience developing and improving local and international suppliers to drive robust product, processes, and controls
- Hands on audit experience (JDS-G223, Process Verification Audits, Special Process Audits, etc.)
- Experience in welding, assembly, and/or other manufacturing processes
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology or five years equivalent work experience
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.