Skid Steer Loader Structures Engineer
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
As a Skid Steer Loader Structures Engineer for Skid Steer Loaders located in Dubuque, IA, you will…
- Support Continuous Improvement Projects for Skid Steer Loaders related to mechanical structures and sheet metal design
- Analyze warranty claims, drive Root Cause Analysis and lead projects to improve product quality
- Support product assembly line operations and fabrication to safely deliver quality products on time
- Lead projects resulting in improved product performance at lower cost
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 1 or more years of experience with Creo or similar modeling software
- Strong, demonstrated problem – solving skills
- Understanding of machinery
- Strong communication skills with ability to work with other functional areas (product validation and test, quality, supply management)
- Mechanical design experience
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience using Creo 3D modeling software
- Experience with mechanical structure design FEA
- Experience and understanding of welding techniques
- Experience using Root Cause Analysis Techniques
- Understanding of Warranty Analysis
- Experience with operating and maintaining farm or construction equipment
- Experience with Skid Steer Loader or Compact Track Loaders
- Experience working with global team members
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree.
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.