Weld Manufacturing Engineer
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design, and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns and megacities. And we live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
As an Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) Weld Manufacturing Engineer at John Deere Harvester Works in East Moline, IL, you will mentor engineers, technicians, welders and suppliers in support of the Combine Body business unit. In addition, you will:
- Lead the development of capital expenditure justifications by developing accurate cost estimates for equipment, tooling, facilities and labor
- Provide project management leadership to capital and improvement projects
- Lead team studies related to capacity, productivity and efficiency
- Lead team(s) to address quality issues by utilizing root cause analysis and mistake proofing by gathering and analyzing data; working with design, tooling, advanced technologies, maintenance and other functional areas to resolve issues
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Experience programming and troubleshooting robotic welding applications in a manufacturing environment (i.e. Fanuc systems)
- Knowledge of manufacturing weld processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance and facilities
- Knowledge of capital budgeting and equipment justification
- Experience in project management and business planning, either small strategic projects or large tactical projects
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with wage employees, Supervisors, Managers and other Engineers
- Self- motivated with the ability to execute a variety of tasks with little supervision
- Experience using computer aided design and/or engineering tools (i.e. ProE, AutoCAD, VisMockup, WeldPRO, etc.)
- Experience with line design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools such as simulations and 3D factory
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with MPPlanner for SOE and OMS development
- Experience working with incentive pay systems, especially gainsharing programs such as CIPP (Continuous Improvement Pay Plan)
- Experience working in a union environment
- Experience with JDAAT MES systems
- Experience with torque tooling
- Experience with AutoCAD and Creo View software
- Experience with dynamic line balancing tools (DLBT)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline
If you are moving to an area where housing and general expenses are significantly more expensive than at your departure location, the Company may provide a transitional benefit to help offset these costs for a specified period of time as a part of the relocation package. The Company will notify employees of their eligibility for this benefit based on a calculation provided by Runzheimer International. The calculation is based on a comprehensive assessment of all living cost variables and specific individual characteristics.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.