Product Engineer – Pathway Program
NOV is actively recruiting ambitious college/university graduates for an Engineering role that will be part of our Pathway Rotational Program.
The NOV Pathway Rotational Program offers recent college graduates the opportunity to obtain meaningful work experiences through a structured 2-to-3-year rotational program. The program is designed to help participants develop strong functional/technical expertise and business knowledge through challenging, hands-on assignments and exposure to various groups across NOV. Towards the end of the program, participants will work with their management support team to identify full-time positions that best suit individual skill sets as well as company needs.
Participants can choose from multiple career track options based on education and career interest. Each career track has its own training and experience-based learning objectives, and knowledge and performance are evaluated following each rotation. The start date for this program will be June 20, 2022.
Following the Engineering career track, the primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Perform and check routine calculations, specify simple equipment
- Solve problems of varying engineering complexity
- Use established practices and apply educational knowledge of design engineering principles
- Be involved in testing and hands on training on the shop floor
We invite you to apply if you have the following qualifications and skills:
- Recent graduate (1-2 years) or graduating prior to May 2022 with a Bachelor of Science or MS Degree in an Engineering or Engineering Technology discipline (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts clearly
- Hands-on experience (e.g. mechanically inclined hobbies, experience in mechanic shop, hands-on with mechanical systems, welding)
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Previous oilfield experience or familiarity preferred but not required
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently with the ability to multitask on multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and highly motivated
Successful candidates that meet the above qualifications will be invited to attend a virtual Information Session to learn more about the program to ensure it’s a fit for you prior to continuing the selection process.
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
NOV is committed to providing employees and their families with valuable benefits and wellness opportunities. We are proud to provide the following for our U.S. employees at no cost:
- Basic life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance*
- Short-term disability*
- Basic long-term disability*
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Business travel accident (BTA) insurance
- International SOS travel assistance service
- 11 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
In addition to the company provided benefits, we are pleased to offer the following benefits at competitive rates:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage
- Health savings account (HSA), only available with enrollment in Consumer Plan + HSA
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care reimbursements
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance*
- Buy up long-term disability coverage*
- Voluntary benefits, including group hospital indemnity, group critical illness insurance, and whole life insurance
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Grant Prideco is the world’s largest supplier of premium drill pipe and drill stem accessories. We specialize in providing innovative solutions for drilling, completion, and intervention operations. Our offerings include a full range of proprietary and API drill pipe, drill collars, heavy weight drill pipe, and other drill stem components. We combine worldwide operations, expert engineering and design resources, and a global service network to supply all drill stem needs.
Whether manufacturing products for the simplest well or for drilling in the harshest environments, it’s our mission to increase efficiency, improve performance, and reduce the total cost of ownership. From the design room to the well site, we produce the industry’s highest-quality, innovative drill stem technologies to help achieve lasting success.