Additive Engineer - Pathway Program
NOV is actively recruiting ambitious college/university graduates for a Design Engineer role that will be part of our Pathway Rotational Program.
The NOV Pathway Rotational Program offers recent college graduates the opportunity to obtain meaningful work experiences through a structured 2-to-3-year rotational program. The program is designed to help participants develop strong functional/technical expertise and business knowledge through challenging, hands-on assignments and exposure to various groups across NOV. Towards the end of the program, participants will work with their management support team to identify full-time positions that best suit individual skill sets as well as company needs.
Participants can choose from multiple career track options based on education and career interest. Each career track has its own training and experience-based learning objectives, and knowledge and performance are evaluated following each rotation.
Following the engineering career track, the primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Apply Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) principles to improve design & manufacturability of our products.
- Work closely with Product Engineers to develop & optimize parts to leverage AM technology.
- Work closely and build relationship with different Additive Manufacturing Companies and Suppliers.
- Build Prototypes and perform stress analysis.
- Stay up-to-date with changing AM Technology and industry standards.
- Provide technical & manufacturing support for AM development.
- Work closely with customers, vendors, and other departments in the organization.
- Participate in internal design review meetings and be aware of commercial implications.
- Work closely with AM vendors and develop process specifications & qualification standards.
- Generate Engineering documentation that conform to and support best engineering practices and industry standards.
- Learn and use ERP business system and document control systems like EPDM & Teamcenter.
- Be fully aware of personal workload; prioritize and organize to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- To ensure that a high standard of professionalism is maintained, and that customer care is foremost.
We invite you to apply if you have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or other engineering degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with designing and producing parts for Additive Manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of various AM technologies, their build strategy & best practices for additive manufacturing of metal and polymer parts.
- Out of the box thinker and like to change the status quo.
- Have strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Generative Design is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, accept responsibility and handle multiple projects is essential.
- Experience in manufacturing environment or some hands-on welding/machining experience is desirable.
Successful candidates that meet the above qualifications will be invited to attend a virtual Information Session to learn more about the program to ensure it’s a fit for you prior to continuing the selection process.
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.