Biomedical Equipment Technician
Biomedical Equipment Technician
Location: Tracy, CA
GRSi, the 2021 Maryland Tech Council Government Contractor of the Year, is experiencing industry-leading growth. We have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in the country for seven years and are led by Maryland’s 2019 CEO of the Year. As part of our growth, we are searching for a Biomedical Equipment Technician. This position is based in Tracy, CA.
- Perform maintenance cycles on Medical Equipment Sets that are returning from deployments or that have been in storage to include all maintenance actions.
- Complete maintenance actions within a reasonable performance time. Maintenance actions include, but are not limited to, technical inspections, repair, calibrations/PMCS, and overhaul of medical equipment.
- Perform Technical inspections of new, used, or reconditioned medical equipment.
- Repair damaged medical equipment.
- Use authorized Army Automation Systems, which include, but are not limited to, the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS), the Standard Army Maintenance System-Enhanced (SAMS-E), Theater Enterprise-Wide Logistics System (TEWLS), Global Combat Support System (GCSS) and other systems that are specifically authorized by the USAMMA M3D.
- Apply knowledge of hydraulic systems including their grips, locks, stop and release mechanisms, and can determine proper adjustment with no leaks.
- Select proper replacement parts, modification kits, and identify materials, mechanisms, and components of electrical systems.
- Be available to travel within 48 to 72 hours’ notice on TDY to provide BMET support to Army units.
- Formal Biomedical Engineering Technology Training either from a University, Trade School or military training, and a minimum of 6 years’ experience.
- Experienced in all aspects of Biomedical Engineering Technology to include electrical, mechanical, refrigeration and hydraulic disciplines and will be experienced in safety matters pertaining to heath care facilities and Joint Commission requirements.
- Possess the practical knowledge of the principles of electronic circuits, functions of electronic components, including X-ray tubes, to diagnose malfunctions, repair and test such electronic equipment as electrocardiographs, defibrillators, heart oscilloscopes, electron microscope, electroencephalographs, and spectrophotometers.
- Possess the knowledge of the relationships between electrical and electronic circuitry as well as the interrelationship of chemical, radiological, hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum, or gas components of a piece of equipment or a system.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and theories governing the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment to diagnose malfunctions, and repair and test such electrical equipment as sterilizers, film driers, suction apparatus, and dental units.
- Possess the ability to repair mechanical equipment such as sterilizers, X-ray tables, operating tables, pressure breathing therapy units, respirators, and other mechanical assemblies using gears, shafts, and pulleys.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic symbols, color codes, descriptions, and manufacturer's numbers.
- Use skills and precision in working with small components, requiring good hand and eye coordination and functional color vision.
- Thorough knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment such as digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, patient simulators, electrical safety analyzers, and other specialized medical Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE).
- Ability to use electrical test equipment such as ohmmeters and test meters.
- Skilled in the use of such equipment as micrometers and calipers to detect wear and misalignment of gears, cams, valves, and other mechanical parts; and ability to use seat wrenches and pressure gauges when working on hydraulic systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply blueprints, schematic drawings, wiring diagrams, liquid/air flow sheets, technical manuals, and other specifications.
- Possess the knowledge to make various mathematical computations using algebraic expressions and shop formulas in relation to load requirements of wiring and equipment.
- The Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) certification
Innovation, Collaboration and Agility - at GRSi these aren't buzz words, they're our mantra.
GRSi is an ISO certified and CMMI/dev-ML3 rated professional services organization with expertise that covers all areas of information technology and professional engineering services -- from systems integration; Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development; multi-tier infrastructure support; to full spectrum cyber security and enterprise systems support. Regardless of the program or the task, the excellence of GRSi is all about the people. Our greatest asset is our ability to attract and retain highly qualified professionals and our record growth this past year means new opportunity.
GRSi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition) citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability status, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*2021 – Government Contractor of the Year, MD Tech Council, Multi-Year Top5 Tech Company*
*2020 – Inc. Magazine Fastest-Growing Companies, 6x Honoree*
*2020 – G2Xchange NXT UP Federal Emerging Technology and Consulting Firms*
*2019 – MD Tech Council CEO of the Year*
*ISO 9001:2015, 20000-1:2018 & 27001:2013 Certified / CMMI-ML3 Appraised*
Requisition ID: 6878