Biomedical Equipment Technician
• Levels 1,2, and 3 available
• Riverside Blvd location, 7a-330p, 80 Hrs/2 wks
• Weekend/call rotation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Services various medical and radiographic equipment and apparatus including but not limited to general radiographic rooms, portable radiographic equipment, mammography, ultrasound, bone density, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and positron emission tomography (PET) units; while continuing to assist with general biomedical devices and services.
• Safety tests medical equipment to ensure patient and staff safety from electrical or mechanical hazards.
• Consults with medical or research staff to ascertain that equipment functions properly and safely.
• Demonstrates and explains correct operation of equipment to medical personnel.
• Acts as a resource for partners and provides support and assistance when needed.
• Demonstrates proficiency in entering, completing, retrieving information regarding work orders, assets, PM schedules, and other functions and applications of the CMMS database as pertains to daily operation of the department.
• Modifies or develops instruments or devices, as assigned.
• Works independently with minimal supervision, prioritize workload, and maintain the highest possible levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
• Works collectively with salesperson, service technician, equipment manufacturers and/or their sales representatives to assure proper operation of equipment.
• Participates in managing inventories and operational budget and helping with special events.
• May be required to work flexible hours, alternate shifts and weekends.
• May require travel with personal or company vehicle.
• May be assigned to any Mercyhealth location.
Education and Experience
• Associate Degree in Bio-Medical Engineering or related or student within 6 months of graduation required. In lieu of a degree, 15 years of direct experience will be considered.
• Experience in a Bio-medical program preferred.
• Associate Degree in Biomedical Engineering/Electronics or related required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an environment that pertains to installing, maintaining and repairing medical, electronic and/or mechanical equipment
• Associate Degree in Bio-Medical Engineering or related required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an environment that pertains to installing, maintaining and repairing medical, electronic and/or mechanical equipment; with at least 2 years Radiology, X-ray, Lab, OR, Dialysis, Anesthesia, Prosthetics or other specialized healthcare equipment experience that can be documented with coursework and/or certification from vendor.
Certification and Licensure
• Maintain a valid driver's license
• Have and maintain driving record per Mercy’s HR-01 Fleet Safety policy
• Certification as a Bio-Medical Technician by AAMI, CRES or CLES preferred.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
This is considered heavy work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/move over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• AAMI, CRES, CLES, Biomed, Electronics, Tech, Equipment Tech
EOE&AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Mercy is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under Affirmative Action Plans.