Biomedical Associate - Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (5085)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Biomedical Associate for our Biomedical Engineering and Sciences Practice in Philadelphia, PA. In this role you will work as part of a team to solve difficult problems for our clients in the biomedical engineering space.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and executing specific biomechanics, biomaterials, implant testing, and computer simulation projects related to orthopedic, spinal, cardiovascular, and diagnostic medical devices
- Actively participating in Exponent's medical device practice, including analyzing bone implant systems, testing implant materials and developing finite element simulations of medical devices
- Performing technical evaluations, analysis, and testing on the behalf of multinational medical device companies for the FDA and consulting in intellectual property and product liability litigation
- Publishing at conferences and in peer-reviewed literature
- Assisting in marketing the group’s technical capabilities to clients and the scientific community
- Ability to develop additional expertise and gain additional industry exposure through our unique technical consulting services
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related engineering field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in the areas of analytical, computational and experimental mechanics
- Familiarity with mechanical testing of implants, biomaterials, and animal/human tissue desirable
- Research experience applicable to medical devices highly desirable
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.