Internship (Civil Engineering) - Summer 2022
Imagine this…working alongside experienced engineers who are industry leaders in their field of expertise…being a part of a project engineering team learning how to practically apply what you are learning in your engineering degree program…having access to other experienced graduate engineers who are early in their career when you have a question…participating in the life of the Pape-Dawson community through lunch and learns, technical presentations, APEX training program, virtual employee events such as wellness sessions, bingo, and our TEAMS groups- Pets at Pape-Dawson, PD Family Time, Gardening Club, Pape-Dawson has Talent…
So, what, specifically can I expect to do and learn as an intern?
- Work with a team of other graduate engineers, licensed engineers, and managers to assist is moving projects through the planning, design, and construction phase
- Attend team coordination and planning meetings and learn how to prioritize your workload responsibilities
- Learn what it’s like to work an 8-hour day alongside others who are successfully balancing their life at Pape-Dawson with their family and personal life outside of Pape-Dawson
- Address construction plan redlines from co-workers or municipal/utility reviewing agencies
- Attend project site visits to review and comment on contractor work and progress
- Assist in developing project cost estimates
- Improve knowledge of design standards and CAD skills as you learn from experienced CAD technicians and designers
- Become familiar with local development codes and regulations
- Help your team deliver time-sensitive information to our clients, partners, and sub-consultants
Now, you may be taking a break from school during the summer, but you must remember your “ABC’s" for this internship experience…
- Attending college and enrolled in an ABET accredited college or university studying civil engineering or a related program (agricultural, environmental or transportation engineering).
- Be present and willing to do whatever task needed to support your assigned team and other co-workers - experienced engineers, technicians or, around the office- administrative professionals, operations staff. We are all here to help you!
- Come humble, hungry, and ready to contribute ideas – the Pape-Dawson Way is to help everyone around you succeed!
- Do your best to make a great impression. This is accomplished by how you communicate, treat others, dress (business casual) and your reliability. Now, that’s how you can make a Difference, too!
- Engage in the life of our Pape-Dawson community. Participate in trainings and fun events – virtually, of course, right now.
- Finally, have lots of Fun! We work very hard as our clients depend on our technical expertise and excellence in all we do, yet we know how to have a great deal of fun working together- celebrating life and success and then being available when life has its difficult moments.
If this sounds like you and meets your expectations, will you please share your resume with us?