View is seeking driven Engineers to join its Process Engineering team. The Process Engineering team at View works to improve existing processes and develop new processes to manufacture View Smart Windows.
As a Process Engineer, this individual will own a Unit step and be tasked with delivering a robust unit process capable of producing a high Quality product at scale. The engineer will also work with other engineers on R&D activities for their Unit step to develop new Materials, equipment and processes.
The Process Engineer will need to understand things ground up based on scientific first principles and needs to take a hands-on approach to solve problems. We’re particularly interested in engineers who can take a problem, simplify that problem, solve the problem efficiently and clearly communicate the solution to fellow engineers and non-engineers.
- Developing processes in one or more of the following areas: Thin film deposition, Laser processing, Substrate cleaning and preparation, Electrical contact formation, Flat glass processing by planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
- Research and development of new materials, equipment and processes to enable new features and next generation Product
- Continuously improving existing Process window to improve Quality, using scientific understanding and statistical methods
- Understanding root cause and eliminating manufacturing defects
- Defining hardware improvements and working with vendors and other engineers to implement improvements
- Providing technical support to Production team
- Developing data analysis capabilities (AI/ML, statistical analysis, Image processing etc.) to provide new analysis capabilities and automate tasks
- Good problem-solving skills
- Hands-on approach to resolve Product, process or equipment issues.
- Ability to understand any process or equipment from a scientific first principles
- Ability to quickly learn and develop deep technical knowledge in new areas
- Ability to be Get stuff done correctly, efficiently and quickly
- Basic knowledge of the coding and engineering software tools (Python, JMP, Matlab, R)
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members as well as non-experts
- Less than 5 years of experience in an engineering field
- Degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Chemistry preferred.