Control Systems Engineer
Setting new standards for industrial process automation solutions in the metropolitan New York City tristate area, Control Associates, Inc. is a premier provider of process automation systems, valves, measurement, pressure management, asset reliability and data management solutions. We are looking to hire a Control Systems Engineer to work out of our headquarters in Allendale, NJ.
Established in 1933, Control Associates along with its global process automation business partner, Emerson, specializes in supporting the process control equipment and service needs of the following industries: Biotech, Chemical, Food & Beverage, HVAC, Hydrocarbon Processing, Natural Gas Distribution & Transmission, Oil Refining, Pharmaceuticals, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and Water & Wastewater Treatment
Job Title: Control Systems Engineer
· Assist the Engineering staff with all aspects of control system project implementation from project proposal support through to start-up and commissioning if required.
· Work under the direction of a project’s assigned Lead Engineer as part of a project team. The Control Systems Engineer will be required to support multiple projects simultaneously.
· Review or develop control strategies, General Design Specifications (GDS), Detailed Design Specifications (DDS) and Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS) for customers as required.
· Assist the Project Administrator with project planning, scheduling, documentation, and invoicing.
· Assist the Control System Technicians, when necessary, with control system panel and cabinet design and staging of control systems for factory acceptance testing.
· Assist the Lead Engineer with developing control system graphics and database configuration.
· Assist Lead Engineers in developing and maintaining project documentation as required by the customer specifications.
· Assist Lead Engineers with control system startup and commissioning.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
· Bachelor of Science degree required, preferably in chemical, biomedical, electrical, or computer engineering.
· Strong computer skills including Advanced Excel, SQL, MATLAB or Minitab and MS Office tools. Any experience with either Java, C++, Python, MongoDB, OSI/PI or Cloud technologies is highly regarded.
· Knowledge of or experience working in an industrial process environment is preferred.
· Customer facing roles – Must have excellent interpersonal skills
· S/he must also have excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Post Covid-Ability to travel as needed within the Tri-state area, or regionally with notice.
Please note that work visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
This is a direct placement position; third party contracts are not available.
Control Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries that include a bonus potential.
Excellent benefits, including multiple medical plan choices, vision, and dental insurance with coverage for both employees and dependent family members. Medical and dependent care flexible spending benefits, health savings accounts, company paid for long-term disability and life/ADD insurance plans with a buy up option.
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and sick days
Our retirement plans include a 401(k) plan (with company match) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), is a company-funded benefit that provides additional retirement compensation to qualifying employees.
Certification/Training, we provide both in-house and Client/System specific technical training
Control Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, creed, race religion, color, national origin, citizenship, disability, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender, ancestry, or liability for services in the U.S. Armed Forces, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Control Associates participates in E-Verify. Click here to view E-Verify Participation Poster