Controls Hardware Engineer I - Full Time
From our inception, Invotec Engineering, Inc. has designed, developed, and built assembly and test machines for manufacturing customers in a variety of industries. Today, we are a full-service, specialty machine builder—engineering, designing, developing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing custom application assembly and test equipment. Our mission is to partner with customers as a premier provider of innovative, well-engineered manufacturing systems and solutions to enhance their competitive advantage.
The basic function of the Controls Engineer I is to provide the technical input and documentation control necessary to ensure that expectations set in the company quote and the customer specification are met. To accomplish this task, the Controls Engineer I will commit to strong coordination with Project Management, Engineering and Manufacturing department personnel to complete assigned duties according to Invotec’s mission statement while monitoring individual efficiency, productivity, and schedules to ensure the assigned project design work is completed appropriately.
This position encompasses all facets of controls design engineering—including electrical design of machine cells, stations, components, and mechanisms. In addition, the Controls Engineer I will select component materials, specify purchased hardware requirements and collaborate with Mechanical Design Engineers to select electrical and pneumatic components. The Controls Engineer I provides electrical design along with drawing creation while under technical supervision. This position works with the Project Engineer and design department to complete designs or participate in design teams.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education: College accreditation with emphasis in engineering or equivalent experience, preferably from within a manufacturing firm—bachelor’s degree with concentration in electrical engineering strongly preferred.
Experience: Zero to five years of electrical design and/or engineering experience—experience within the special machine industry preferred.
- Trained in the use and manipulation of 2D design software—SolidWorks DraftSight design platform and Enterprise Product Data Management file platform preferred
- Trained in drawing creation for assemblies and details to include all dimensions, tolerances, and documentation to allow the manufacture and assembly of designs that meet specified requirements
- Motivated to initiate and implement tasks, strategies and techniques in a goal oriented manner to increase productivity and profitability
- Technically creative with an understanding of electrical functions to provide solutions in a robust and economical manner
- Capable of evaluating quotations, specifications, and documentation to discern functional requirements and define tasks for electrical designs
- Organized and flexible in work functions allowing for dedicated, multitasking, and task interrupted duties
- Analytical and decisive to define, evaluate and solve problems in an organized process
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with competency in computer and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to collaborate in team environments while maintaining individual duties effectively
- Committed to integrity, ethical, and economical practices aligning with Invotec’s core values
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES
The principal duties will include, but not be limited to:
· Preparing drawing packages for manufacture and assembly - ensuring complete and accurate with project documentation that meets all customer drawing requirements as well as proper drafting standards
· Using SolidWorks DraftSight, and various other software packages to develop electrical equipment, electric and pneumatic schematic designs that meet customer specifications and the company quote.
· Knowledgeable in the Invotec standards, processes and best practices and able to use them to complete duties.
· Write and conduct software validations.
· Working closely with Project Managers, Mechanical Design Engineers, Applications Engineers, the manufacturing team, and customers to develop systems and develop systems and complete projects.
· Sharing with department staff the design methodologies, productivity tools, standards, processes, and legacy information for increased knowledge and experience within the department.
· Identifying and attending outside training sessions consistent with company goals and areas of expertise to ensure continuing education and technical skill advancement.
· Evaluate design intent and communicate potential issues with non-compatible components and impact of changes on complete design documentation.