Digital R&D Group Innovation Internship
At Covestro, our strategy to focus on customer and market needs, drive sustainable growth, and become fully circular rests on a foundation of digital transformation. Our digital transformation touches work areas as diverse as Digital Infrastructure, Knowledge Flow, Data-Driven R&D, and R&D Simulations. As an intern in the Digital R&D area, you will support projects in Covestro’s digital transformation strategy, turning data into knowledge and knowledge into business value. You will have the opportunity to participate in projects involving skills and techniques such as advanced statistical mathematical modeling, material simulations, and web application development.
· Data aggregation / cleaning from multiple sources into structured databases, ready to be analyzed
· Model building and data analytics (linear regression, classification, basic machine learning)
· Creation of software-as-a-service (SaaS) web applications for internal and external customers
· Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related fields
· Completion of Sophomore year or higher
· Pursuing a minor in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, or related fields
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with programming languages such as R, C, MatLab, Python, VBA, etc.
· Passion for using data analysis and modeling techniques to solve technical problems in chemistry, engineering or material science
· Great communication and presentations skills (English), ability to tell stories with data
· Collaborative; demonstrated ability to develop fruitful connections and working relationships with diverse individuals
· Experience translating data science-driven solutions into useful tools for internal and external customers