Process Support Engineer
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future.
- Drives the adoption of new technology at the customer site. Works closely with customers to demonstrate and introduce new technologies at customer sites, through Demos, on site evaluations, Joint Development Programs and new tool qualifications.
- Serves as liaison between the customer and the Business Unit for assigned projects, ensuring clear understanding of customer issues and delivery of applicable solutions.
- When necessary, works closely with customer to optimize tool performance to meet customer process and integration requirements.
- Checks and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of 3 or more processes on 2 or more technologies or expert level in 1 technology
- Basic integration knowledge
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- MS or PhD in chemical engineering, electrical engineer or material science
- Direct knowledge of working with plasma processing/vacuum equipment for semiconductor processing preferred
- Demonstrated interest in using data analytics/algorithm development related to semi equipment a plus
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Fiscal 2020 Revenue: $17.2 billion
- Fiscal 2020 R&D: $2.2 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan, United States
- Employees: ~24,000 worldwide
- Patents: ~14,300 issued
“Applied Materials closed fiscal 2020 with record quarterly performance as demand for our semiconductor systems and services remains very strong,” said Gary Dickerson, president and CEO. “Our future opportunities have never looked better and, as powerful technology trends take shape, we are uniquely positioned to accelerate our customers’ roadmaps and outperform our markets.”
YesApplied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible a better future.