Polyol Unit (PET) Internship
This intern position in the New Martinsville, WV Polyol Unit (PET) will be accountable for technical equipment, operational support and day-to-day problem solving for the PET manufacturing unit which includes: Reactors, Work-Up, Blends, Formulations and Raw Material/Finished Goods Storage and Handling. Lastly, any other job duties, tasks and/or projects may be assigned by line management.
· Responsible to work closely with the PET Unit Manager and Staff to identify, initiate and supervise process improvement projects in order to optimize production capacity, minimize waste and ensure the safe, reliable, efficient operation in compliance with all applicable internal and external regulations.
· Accountable for initial process design basis for capital work (design packages) in the assigned unit
· Accountable for implementing Management of Change (MOC) as well as providing technical input to safety and PHA reviews
· Responsible for developing, reviewing and implementing mechanical reliability guidelines and practices
· Responsible for developing unit-specific capital improvement projects
· Accountable for reporting and investigating incidents
· Responsible for compliance with Safety and Environmental requirements
· Responsible for providing unit-specific technical training on the processes and equipment in the unit
· Responsible to determines the maintenance strategy (redundancy, spare parts, PM, etc.) in order to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the assigned units
· Responsible for all the required unit documentation and performance KPI’s being up to date as assigned by the PET Unit Manager
· Ability to identify and design capital improvement unit-specific projects to improve unit efficiency
· Ability to develop process improvement projects to meet business goals while complying with safety, environmental and regulatory and quality standards
· Demonstrated strong communication skills for interacting with all levels of personnel (Unit Management <-> Operating Technicians)
· Demonstrated commitment to promoting a safe work environment
· Position must be actively in the process of obtaining a bachelors or higher degree in an engineering discipline (Chemical Engineering preferred)
· Basic understanding of statistics, computer operations, process control and engineering principles.