Engineering Plastics, Industrial Marketing Internship
Are you pursuing a technical degree, but you have an interest in applying your technical background within a Marketing type of role? If so, please consider this opportunity.
We can provide challenging opportunities to apply your business acumen, your analytical skills, your creativity and your technical knowledge towards product and customer solutions. The Covestro Industrial Marketing Internship provides first hand exposure to Industrial Marketing at one of the world’s largest and most innovative producers of polymers and high-performance plastics.
Throughout the summer internship program at Covestro’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA, you’ll work closely with our highly skilled and experienced marketing professionals in one of our businesses, Engineering Plastics.
You’ll contribute to ongoing projects that will help improve people’s quality of life, getting an intimate look at how Covestro identifies customer needs and keeps the flow of new and established products moving through the marketplace. The internship program will last approximately 12 weeks.
As an Industrial Marketing Intern, you will support projects to identify customer needs and opportunities and help our customers excel by using Covestro products that go into end-use applications in the healthcare industry. The incumbent will work under the direction of Management and will have the opportunity to become actively involved in current and ongoing projects.
Covestro strives to foster a positive, enriching, and productive work environment and provides multiple forms of training and professional development throughout the internship program.
- Enrollment in a Bachelor or Master degree program with a focus in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material/Polymer Science or related STEM degree.
- Completion of Freshman year.
- Demonstrated PC skills and ability to work within Microsoft Office Programs.
- Additional marketing or business courses preferred.
- Prior internship/work experience strongly preferred.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to interact with and establish strong working relationships with diverse individuals.
- Project coordination with the ability to be proactive and identify creative solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
The internship opportunities at Covestro may lead into reoccurring internship opportunities and/or full time job opportunities based on business needs, evaluation and performance.