Engineering Internships - Baytown, TX
Covestro recognizes that science plays an integral part in everyday life and encourages all employees to make a difference through daily contributions to our organization’s mission.
Covestro seeks dynamic individuals ready to help shape the future by confronting new challenges, embracing new experiences and taking on increasing responsibilities. As an Engineering Intern within Covestro, incumbents will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities to support day to day and ongoing projects. Candidates must be available for a 3-month assignment during the Summer of 2022 (late May to early August).
Related to this position, Covestro offers:
- A global working environment with the opportunity to assist in developing process improvements and creatively solving process-related problems for Covestro's chemical plants in the U.S
- A focused effort on improving lives through our efforts in assisting in the design of unit operations and work on projects to improve plant reliability, safety, compliance with environmental requirements, and profitability
- A sustainable approach to the impact on the world today and tomorrow by supporting the design or modification of distillation columns, heat exchangers, material balances.
- Complex and interesting work that may include executing capital projects, assisting the units with day-to-day operational and maintenance needs, or using methodologies to eliminate defects or optimize processes.
Additionally, the position offers:
- A career opportunity with responsibilities in various operational areas involving significant team interaction. Typically summer assignments will focus on one of the following functional areas: Process Engineering, Project Engineering, Maintenance/Reliability, Instrument and/or Electrical, Environmental or Safety.
- A chance to contribute to a meaningful mission and demonstrate your potential through of a wide variety of projects.
More specifically related to this position, Covestro seeks an incumbent who possesses knowledge of and abilities to work in Engineering typically acquired by:
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with a major in Engineering (if enrolled in Bachelor’s, completion of Freshman year (minimum) required)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (must be stated on resume).
- An engineering focus in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil or related engineering discipline;
- Previous internship or co-op experience is a plus.
We have an exciting mission: to MAKE the world a brighter place. Innovation is in our DNA. We develop technologies and products that benefit society & reduce our impact on the environment. We look towards the future and see opportunities where others see limitations. Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our values.
Successful completion of this internship program may lead to full-time employment or a recurring opportunity based on performance of the candidates and availability of the position.