Petrophysicist Intern (Houston, TX)
The Petrophysicist will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of geologists, geophysicists, reservoir and petroleum engineers and will provide deep understanding and expertise in petrophysical field studies.
The key job duties and accountabilities will include:
- Provide petrophysical expertise as part of an integrated team, using petrophysics technology and methodology for reservoir description, delivery of new wells and reservoir surveillance.
- Engage in log quality control, integrated data analysis and development of petrophysical models to inform reservoir development and management strategy
- Coordinate with third party service providers to ensure safe and reliable operations and quality data delivery of wireline, LWD and coring operations and appropriate invoicing.
- Monitor real-time operations in support of drilling, logging while drilling, coring, production logging and wireline acquisition.
- Coordinate discipline SME input within BP’s global petrophysics network to identify petrophysical parameters that are critical to the evaluation of renewal and/or development projects
- Provide reservoir description analysis through application and development of petrophysical evaluation best practice
- Recommend, plan, monitor and integrate surveillance data with the static subsurface description to inform reservoir/well management decisions
- Use latest digital and data science methods to improve efficiency and accuracy of petrophysical interpretation.
- Understand the sensitivity and impact of uncertainties and alternate scenarios in petrophysical models and understand how to communicate these effectively.
- Understand the geological deposition and pore geometry scale controls on petrophysical properties.
- Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- On a case-by-case basis, bp may support US Immigration sponsorship for full-time or long-term employment
- Pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree
- Must be available for a continuous 12-week period for duration of summer internship
- Majoring in Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Subsea Engineer, Geology, Geophysics, Earth Science or closely related discipline
- Graduating from August 2022 to May 2023
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their degree or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship
As a first step, nothing prepares you better for a career with us than an internship. Our internship program provides hands-on, career-specific experience working full-time, usually during summer breaks. You will work on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to learn about and help to solve some of the most important issues we face. You will experience genuine teamwork, and work alongside highly qualified and experienced colleagues, while you work on live projects and operations, using the latest equipment and technology. Every year, we take interns studying a range of disciplines into our summer internship program, many of whom go on to join us full-time when they graduate. Opportunities exist in all major areas of bp to explore your career aspirations and develop the technical and professional skills you will need for a successful career, while earning a competitive salary and learning about the world of business.
Summer internships last 12 weeks.