The Operations Co-op position exists as a developmental support position for our manufacturing operations teams. The position will be involved in day-to-day process engineering support activities and be responsible for completing 1-2 larger, long-term projects, which will be defined at the beginning of the co-op rotation.
The key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide technical support for plant operations with emphasis on plant improvement projects, PSM action item completion, and unit engineer temporary relief.
· Support Plant BSP initiatives.
· Manage capital projects in the Plant as needed to support project execution of smaller plant projects where the capital projects group does not have sufficient available hours to support.
· Participate in process optimization efforts in all areas of the PC plant as assigned by technical manager.
· Support PHA action item completion where unit engineers may not have the available hours to complete.
· Participate root cause analysis investigations (RCA's) as assigned by RCA champion.
· Participate in plant shutdown planning and execution for scheduled maintenance outages plant wide.
· Provide back-up technical support for extended unit engineer absences.
· Assist unit engineers as needed to implement projects, complete MOC's, perform PSSR's, and update SOP's, update P&ID's and provide operator training.
· Implement continuous improvement initiatives
· Digitization of files currently filled out by manual pen/paper entry.
· Implement LOPC prevention projects.
· Eliminate steam auguring in rosin upgrades plant. (Insulation upgrades, trap upgrades, and piping configuration upgrades)
· Keen focus on personal and physical safety
· Operates with integrity
· Technical engineering knowledge
· Courage to make tough decisions
· Flexible and willing to work in an industrial, unionized chemical plant setting
· Self-motivated and driven
· Positive can-do attitude
· Solid teamwork and leadership abilities
· Capable of learning and applying knowledge and skills to the performance of analytical, engineering, and technical work.
· Communicates effectively (written and verbal)
· Influencing and facilitation skills
· Able to research and integrate innovative ideas into the business