Research Assistant/Technician at Baylor College of Medicine
A RESEARCH ASSISTANT / TECHNICIAN position is available in the Tsai laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine (ranked No. 22 for Research by US News & World Report) to investigate the structure, mechanism, and function of ATP-dependent protein quality control machines and related stress-response proteins. Applicants with a BSc in biochemistry, microbiology, or molecular/cell biology are encouraged to apply. However, all graduates, who wish to gain further experience in biomedical research will be considered. The successful applicant will join a multi-disciplinary team to investigate protein quality control mechanisms, stress responses, and host-microbe interactions related to aging, metabolic disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, and/or microbial infection. This is a full-time, in-person research position that requires a minimum commitment of 1+ year. The position is ideally suited for a recent graduate, who wishes to gain further experience in biomedical research. The Tsai laboratory is located on the main BCM campus in Houston, Texas, which provides a safe and secure environment for basic biomedical research. Social distancing and other safety precautions have been implemented and are maintained at all times. Salary is competitive and is in addition to a generous fringe benefit package.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Perform experiments in protein biochemistry.
· Prepare figures and assist in writing reports related to experiments performed.
· Maintain general lab environment (i.e., organization and cleanliness of the lab).
· Prepare biological buffers and chemical stock solutions.
· Maintain and ensure compliance with biosafety regulations.
· Required: Bachelor's degree.
· Required: General skills commonly used in a biochemistry lab.
· Ability to keep accurate records of work performed is essential.
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Strong work ethic, including ability to prioritize tasks, use good judgment and complete duties.
· Able to work independently and as a team.
· Willingness to learn new techniques.